Friday, June 22, 2012

Small firm Tax Tips - I Received Form 1099-Misc - Now What?

Small Business Saturday - Small firm Tax Tips - I Received Form 1099-Misc - Now What?
The content is good quality and helpful content, That is new is that you simply never knew before that I do know is that I have discovered. Before the distinctive. It is now near to enter destination Small firm Tax Tips - I Received Form 1099-Misc - Now What?. And the content associated with Small Business Saturday.

Do you know about - Small firm Tax Tips - I Received Form 1099-Misc - Now What?

Small Business Saturday! Again, for I know. Ready to share new things that are useful. You and your friends.

Did you receive a Form 1099-Misc and aren't sure what it means and/or what to do with it? This record will respond that question. Form 1099-Misc is one of the most base tax forms in the world of the self-employed. And it's most base use is to record income made by sole proprietors who have performed services for other businesses. By "sole proprietor" I'm referring to self-employed citizen such as independent contractors, consultants or free-lancers who are in firm for themselves but do not run their firm as a corporation, partnership or multi-owner little liability company.

What I said. It is not outcome that the actual about Small Business Saturday. You read this article for information about that need to know is Small Business Saturday.

How is Small firm Tax Tips - I Received Form 1099-Misc - Now What?

We had a good read. For the benefit of yourself. Be sure to read to the end. I want you to get good knowledge from Small Business Saturday.

If you fit that record of a self-employed person and performed services for another business, and that firm paid you at least 0 while the year, the other firm is required to send you a Form 1099-Misc by January 31 of the following year. The January 31, 2009 due date happens to fall on a Saturday, so the deadline for issuing 2008 1099's is automatically extended to the next firm day of Monday, February 2, 2009. So you may have already received a Form 1099-Misc for 2008. If not, you could still get one soon.

If and when you get the 1099, take a look at Box 7, "Nonemployee compensation." This is the place on the form that your each year income from this other firm will be reported. And this is the income that you must be sure to comprise on your schedule C, because not only did you receive that 1099, but so did the Irs. In effect, then, the 1099-Misc serves the same function for the self-employed as a W-2 does for the employee - it tells you and the Irs how much income you made from one particular source.

Now that you know the basic purpose of the 1099-Misc, you probably have some questions, such as:

1. What do I do if I don't receive a 1099 from a business, when I know I performed services and received over 0 for the year? whether or not you received a 1099, you are required to record all income.

2. What do I do if I don't receive a 1099 because I made less than 0? Sorry to sound like a broken record, but you are required to record any income you made, whether or not you received a 1099. Even if you made less than 0, just because you didn't get a 1099 does not excuse you from reporting the income.

Not getting a 1099 does not mean you don't have to record the income. If you made it, you're supposed to record it on your schedule C. That's the law. And if you don't record all your income, you are part of the hidden economy. (Shame on you!)

3. What do I do if the amount of income reported on the 1099 is incorrect? You should experience the firm who issued the 1099 to resolved the discrepancy. If they made a mistake, they must issue a corrected 1099 to both you and the Irs. To be safe, you should wait until you receive the corrected 1099 before filing your tax return. You want to be sure that the 1099 amount agrees with your schedule C income amount. If there is a variation between the total income on all your 1099's and the amount of income on your schedule C, the Irs will at last catch it and send you a letter demanding an explanation. Not good.

4. What do I do if I receive a 1099 after I filed my return? If you included the 1099 income on your return, do nothing, because you did record the income and there should be no problem. But if you didn't record the 1099 income on your return, you must amend your return to comprise the previously unreported income. This will ensue in additional tax you must pay, plus the possibility of late payment penalties and interest, depending on how much additional tax you owe and whether you pay it late.

I hope you receive new knowledge about Small Business Saturday. Where you may offer utilization in your daily life. And above all, your reaction is Small Business Saturday.Read more.. Small firm Tax Tips - I Received Form 1099-Misc - Now What?. View Related articles associated with Small Business Saturday. I Roll below. I have recommended my friends to assist share the Facebook Twitter Like Tweet. Can you share Small firm Tax Tips - I Received Form 1099-Misc - Now What?.


No comments:

Post a Comment